Wednesday 26 March 2014

Mother's Day Gift Dilemmas

Mother's Day, it's always a tricky one.

When you have a parent who's not so keen on the whole home-made gift idea but already has everything else well what do you get? This year I've decided to just embrace the home-made and damn the consequences. A gifts a gift right? 

So I put my thinking hat on and decided to create one of these, a piece of word art.
There something you can buy anyway so why not use my initiative and make one myself.

I firstly tried Wordle, which I loved. So simple and easy to do and there are advanced options to funk it up a bit if you want to, but I couldn't get the shape idea I wanted ... so I moved through another couple of sites until I found Tagul.
After signing up I got to creating, and again it was so easy. Changing the colour and font style and even shape. Just what I wanted to do!
I made a few different designs and even tried inserting my own shape, still annoyed I couldn't get the effect I wanted with that, until I was happy while using the heart template they had.




Well, I thought I was after printing them (and realising I had no colour ink left - damn) I decided to alter them anyway.

Now just to purchase a nice frame and some chocolates and boom, present sorted. I hope anyway....


What gifts will you be giving for Mother's Day this year?

No comments: