Friday 7 June 2013

Father's Day... To buy or to make?

What to get the man with everything?! The Stress!


For me father's day is more stressful than mothers day. I know what to buy my mum, I know what she likes, what she wants and what she needs - easy! But when it comes to dads its a different ball game. You'd think spending so much time with my dad as a kid and being daddy's little girl would make it easier but no. I still know what he likes but finding what he needs just doesn't happen, he's such a spoilt guy and when the cash flow isn't good...

So this year I decided to be a child again and make something. Whether it'll be appreciated is unknown..
I used the instructions from Sewing HQ magazine for a tea coaster (but with a twist as I found I cannot blanket stitch - please someone help me, seriously!!!) And I followed the tutorial from CraftyCupboard to make him a simple business card holder.
Hopefully he'll like the thought even if its a sewing fail.


For the Other Half... 

I also have the fun times of getting my partner something from our little boy. And for this crafting just won't do. Sadly he's one of those men who just doesn't need more craft items and wouldn't appreciate the time and effort :-(
Personally I think the sound of my sewing machine is going to eventually send him mad but hey that's tough luck! So for him it was the "shop shop shop" option and hoping to find something useful without breaking the bank. Fingers crossed!



It's all different this year...
(Yes I already have brought and made everything, did I mention I like being prepared and organised?!?!)
But I'm keen to know, what do you get your own dads and dad-partners?


A.
Xox


Here's the comparison between what the mag showed and what I made. Need to work on that blanket stitch!
And the bottom is the business card holder, initialled for that personal touch!

No comments: